Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A New Beginning


It has been quite a while since I've posted anything. I had major back surgery on August 17th. They put 6 screws and 2 posts into my spine and then fused the bottom 2 discs. I was in the hospital for almost a week. The whole process was very daunting and I wouldn't want to have to do it again, but I am very glad I did it! It has been a long process since I first began my battle with severe back pain.....3 years of constant pain, but 10 years of battling lower back issues.....but I am happy to report that 2 months after my surgery I am doing better than my surgeon has ever seen in any of his patients! Praise God, is all that can be said to that!!!! It is nothing short of a miracle to have such an incredible outcome.

While recovering from the surgery I was cared for by so many dear friends and family members. The countless cards, phone calls, meals, flowers, gifts and visitors were SO amazing! It was such a blessing! Thanks to all who prayed and supported me through this entire process ~ I couldn't have done it without you!

God's healing hand has truly touched me in a way that I don't deserve, but am so grateful for. He continues to blow me away with His extravagant love and grace in my life! He is SO TRUSTWORTHY...we cannot even begin to fathom it.

Psalm 62:1-2, 8
"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Trust Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."

No comments:

Post a Comment